Monday, October 12, 2009

Deep Thoughts (not with Jack Handey)

I had to wake up at 6am today and, as a result, had a lot of coffee. As a result of this, I had to poop this morning and, as I'm sure most of you are aware, it is while on the toilet that I do some of my most profound thinking.

Today, I pondered the following:

Why is it that we, as a society, call pooping "going number 2?" In terms of health importance and physical significance, I really think pooping is number 1. Also, no one ever says that they are "going number 1," so what's the point of skipping to number 2? Perhaps it's because "dropping a deuce" sounds more thunderous and alliterative than "dropping an uno." But, if this is the major concern, then I suggest calling it "unleashing an uno."

I'm just saying.

No comments: