Thursday, July 23, 2009

"You're smart to do your laundry on Saturday night when everyone else is out..."

In the tradition of my high school tennis coach (a douche who I will never forgive), I received a "comment" from one of my clients today that could be interpreted as either a compliment or an insult (more likely the latter):

Today I wore a new shirt to work and he noticed. He started by saying something to the effect of: "I didn't get the memo that it was 'Wear a Nice New Shirt to Work Day,'" which seems positive. Then we were talking about how I, as a single guy, care more about what I look like than he does as a married man. He then says: "My wife would never let me out of the house wearing that shit."

Does this mean that she would worry that it would attract too many women, or that she has better taste than a man and my shirt is ugly. I hope the former, fear the latter.


On another note, which of the following is most shameful:

A.) My mom is bringing her own bottle of Grey Goose to the all-inclusive resort in Jamaica so that she doesn't have to drink their "crap liquor."

B.) I am planning a visit to Tamarak Day Camp next week and I just emailed the camp director to see which day was Hot Dog Day so I could plan around it.

C.) With Erika's upcoming wedding, the Kolb family name officially dies.

D.) Only Lauren and I write on this blog.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

HAHAHAH! I want to be your mother one day