Friday, August 21, 2009

Hold me closer, random stranger...

1.) I have a sneaking suspicion that the JC Penney hoodlums were the same folks who slapped a big old dong on the Ronks' deck. As Meegs pointed out, the department store bandits have been described as "sophisticated" and "incredible," two words equally applicable to tattooing the Ronks' home with a phallus.

2.) I was at my client getting coffee yesterday morning from the Starbucks counter. As I walked up, this woman who I often see there (probably 50ish; looks a little like a poor man's Andee Hausman) was hugging Lucy, the nice Colombian woman who works there. When I walked up, I asked why they were hugging, and the older woman told me that she had fallen down the stairs earlier that morning and just needed a pick-me-up. I said that everyone could use a hug now and again. This woman then paused, looked at me, and asked if I wanted a hug.

I said sure.

So there I was, hugging this woman whose name I don't even know, at 8:30am in the client cafeteria. I am 60% sure we had a moment.


I hope that doesn't constitute an inappropriate client relationship.

No comments: